Assistant Vice President for Plant Operations and Logistics
Reports to the Vice President for Fiscal Affairs, and is responsible for the overall superintendence of college property, including supervision and maintenance of the physical plant. Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Overseeing the performances of supervisors of operations, grounds and housekeeping.
- Overseeing the use and conservation of energy.
- Employing and supervision of outside contractors.
- Overseeing the use and maintenance of college vehicles.
- Insuring proper functioning of campus systems, i.e. power and climate controls.
- Maintaining an inventory of college’s physical assets.
- Insuring compliance with risk management requirements of the insurance carrier.
- Insuring proper maintenance of auxiliary houses, apartments, and property.
- Employing and training relevant personnel.
- Insuring set-up for all campus events.
- Assume all other duties assigned by the Vice President for Fiscal Affairs
Interested applicants should forward a completed application, copies of transcripts; and three letters of references to: Human Resources, Stillman College, P.O. Box 1430, Tuscaloosa, AL 35403 or send via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Public Relations Director
The Public Relations Director shall serve as a communications professional with the responsibility of developing and assisting with the facilitation of all public relations and communications activities for the College.
- Executes comprehensive public relations, media, web and online projects to support and strengthen the branding, recruitment and retention strategies for the College
- Write, edits and produces collateral materials used in the promotion of the College to students, faculty, staff, alumni, parents and the public for assigned activities including invitations, brochures, programs, etc.
- Assist with the enhancing the College’s reputation through press coverage in local, regional and national outlets by distributing press releases, official statements, etc.
- Works to generate positive media coverage and create campaigns supporting programs and events, as directed, for targeted audiences
- Writes, edits and submits for approval editorial content for print and digital advertisements, newsletters, brochures, web pages, mailers, signage, etc.
- Stays abreast of all public relations trends to advance the College’s brand
- Keeps stakeholders informed of all relevant matters, offers suggestions and ideas and takes a proactive approach in researching and identifying opportunities to generate exposure and reduce cost without diminishing the brand, goal and mission
- Bachelor’s degree (Communications, Journalism, Public Relations)
- Ability to collaborate with senior staff and stakeholders
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficiency in graphics including Adobe Creative Suite (specifically, InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Computer and program proficient
- Willingness to respect and collaborate with authority
- Superb writing and editing skills
- Three to five years of experience in an educational or non-profit setting
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills
- Ability to excel in fast-paced environment with changing priorities
Interested applicants should forward a resume, three letters of reference and three writing samples to the following:
Human Resources (PRD)
Stillman College, P.O. Box 1430, Tuscaloosa, AL 35403
or send via email to: email@example.com