Welcome to Academic Affairs
Welcome to Academic Affairs, and thank you for taking the time to learn about the academic programs and services at Stillman. As Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs, I serve as the chief academic officer of the College. I am responsible to the President for the general leadership and supervision of the academic program and scholarship of the institution. Additional services include:
- Working directly with the academic deans on issues related to faculty recruitment, and developing and managing the College's divisions, academic departments, and academic programs.
- Serving as the chief policy, personnel, and budget officer for academic affairs
- Providing guidance for staff necessary to support the academic enterprise, including institutional research, planning, and quality assessment.
- Leading the faculty in acquiring external support for its programs
- Spurring scholarly and creative activities and research at the college
- Reviewing and recommending faculty for promotion and tenure
- Collaborating with other senior administrators in advancing the priorities of the College.
- Guiding the management of college-wide academic activities and infrastructure, including non-traditional student programs, international education, registrar, continuing education, and learning resources and support.
- Ensuring that the academic mission and priorities of the College are undergirded by the budgeting process and that resources are allocated strategically in support of the university mission.
- Serving as the chief administrative officer in the absence of the President
Please contact me personally via telephone (205) 366-8951 or e-mail email@example.com should you have questions or need assistance.
Peter Edmund Millet, Ph.D.
Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
Division of Arts & Sciences
Division of Professional Education
Stillman Management Institute (SMI)
Educational Support Services