School Code: 001044
By Phone: (205) 366-8844
Toll Free : 1-800-841-5722
By Email: SCFA@STILLMAN.EDU
By Fax : (205) 247-8106
Financial Aid Office
Hay Center Room 117
3600 Stillman Blvd
Tuscaloosa, AL 35403-0001
Financial Aid Code of Conduct
- Categorized in: Financial Aid
Financial Aid Code of Conduct- Student Loans
Stillman College is a participant in the William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan Program.
Direct Loans are low-interest loans for students and parents to help pay for the cost of a student’s education. The lender is the U.S. Department of Education (the Department) rather than a bank or other financial institution. Though the majority of aid recipients receive loans through the Federal Programs, private (also called alternative) student loans can be a valuable tool in meeting your educational goals. In processing private student loans, the Financial Aid Office adheres to the following principles:
1. No fee or material benefits are received from lenders in exchange for the promotion or processing of its loans.
2. No employee of the financial aid office may receive gifts from a lender, guaranty agency or loan servicer.
3. No employee of the financial aid office may enter into a contracting arrangement with a lender or affiliate that provides a fee, payment, or compensation for any type of consulting arrangement or contract to provide services to or on behalf of a lender relating to education loans.
4. The financial aid office will not refuse to certify, or delay certification of any private education loan based on the borrower’s selection of a particular lender or guaranty agency.
5. The financial aid office does not request or accept any staffing assistance from lenders.
6. Financial aid employees are prohibited from receiving advisory board compensation, excepting reimbursement for reasonable expenses incurred.
All terms and their usage are as defined in Section 493 of the Higher Education Opportunity Act of Act of August 14, 2008.
Stillman College Student Financial Aid is committed to providing the highest level of service to its students and their families. We believe that the foundation of our service to students is grounded in the adherence to strict ethical and professional standards. It is our objective to administer the various financial aid programs in accordance with all governmental regulations and institutional policies and procedures.