Campus Police Mission Statement
Stillman College Police Department is very proud to provide a safe and secure environment for our Students, Staff, Faculty and Visitors. Our mission is to protect the property and the life of all people, while being very proactive with crime Prevention and Officer presence. We are here, rendering service 24 hours/7 days per week and we want to education you on how to Protect yourself from becoming a victim and being more aware of your surroundings.
Crime Prevention and Awareness
We all play a vital role in providing programs and information specifically to prevent students, faculty, staff members and visitors, from being victims of any crimes.
We the police Department at Stillman College, offer a variety of services to protect and serve student, staff , faculty and anyone on our campus ground:
- Uniformed officers, available 24 hours per day, every day of the week.
- Both vehicle and foot patrol are conducted to ensure complete safety on campus.
- Zero tolerance Alcohol and drug policy is strictly enforced.
- Provide security escort to anyone on our campus.
- Emergency Alert system to notify student, staff and faculty of any impending emergencies. All campus personnel and students are automatically enrolled in the program. This system is used as a primary means to provide information to the entire campus, which will keep everyone informed and Safe.
In your vehicle:
- Always keep doors locked when driving and parked
- When asking for help, always stay inside your vehicle
- Lock all valuables in your trunk
In residence halls:
- Never prop doors open
- Always keep your room door locked, even when you are just going next door
- Report any and all suspicious activity, incidents and people, immediately to campus Police (366-8927)
When you are out walking:
- Always walk in a group
- Let someone know where you are going and who you are with
- Always walk in well lit areas
- Take advantage of college Escort service
- Keep your cell phone with you
Entrance to the campus of the blue pride:
Our beautiful campus is monitored 24 hours per day, seven days a week. All students, staff and faculty are issued color coded decals, which are to hang in the front windshield of his/her vehicle. Visitors/Vendors must sign in and out with the Police at the main gate before entering the campus.
During regular business hours, officers check buildings, classrooms Residence, and patrol the campus. At the end of each business day, officers secure all administrative and academic buildings. All buildings are patrolled on regular basis. Officers are out patrolling and monitoring for any safety features in the residence and Academic buildings.
For the safety of the campus life:
During any emergency, Officers can immediately contact The Tuscaloosa Police Department, Fire and Rescue, Emergency medical Services.
Escort for safety:
Stillman Campus Police provides a safety escort service, day or night to staff, faculty and students, to any safe destination on campus. If you need escort for safety, please dial (205) 366-8927. We, the police officers, are here to serve and protect.