The major in Business Administration prepares students for entry-level employment opportunities in business, industry, government agencies, and for graduate and professional study. Upon successful completion of the academic program in the department a student will earn the Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration with a concentration in: (1) Accounting; (2) General Management; or (3) Marketing.
BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION MAJOR
As a result of successful completion of the Business Administration Program, graduates will:
• Pursue graduate degrees in the areas of accounting, management, marketing, and or related areas.
• Obtain employment in a variety of business and corporate settings and be able to operate successfully as entrepreneurs.
• Apply to graduate school and be admitted within two years after graduation.
• Participate in internships during the junior and senior years of study.
Upon completion of the Business Administration major, students will be able to:
• Communicate effectively using verbal and written skills and demonstrate these skills using visual and electronic means.
• Demonstrate a proficiency in the use of technology in conducting academic research and in preparing papers and presentations.
• Think critically and successfully apply knowledge gained in accounting, economics, finance, management, statistics, and marketing to sound business decisions.
General Requirements for Business Majors
Students majoring in Business Administration will be required to:
• take a basic core of 39 semester hours
• earn 18 semester hours in a designated area of concentration
•take a set of advisor-approved electives