Division of Institutional Effectiveness
The Office of Institutional Effectiveness (IE) provides leadership to develop, integrate, and support initiatives and projects related to improving strategic planning, assessment, and reporting, while monitoring institutional compliance with federal regulations and accrediting agencies. The office promotes a commitment to excellence and continuous improvement through assessment, analysis of data, accreditation, academic quality, accountability, and student success. The Office of IE consists of the following offices: Vice President, Assessment/Data Coordinator, Institutional Researcher, Registrar’s Office, and Institutional Partnerships.
Specific functions of the Division of IE include:
- Supporting college-wide strategic planning and coordinating systematic monitoring of progress on strategic and operational goals.
- Coordinating a system of college-wide assessment and supporting the assessment and evaluation activities of College assessment committees and academic and administrative units.
- Coordinating a systematic process of new program evaluation and approval.
- Coordinating a systematic process of assuring the quality of academic programs through the oversight and support of accreditation activities and academic program review.
- Providing objective information that supports transparency and a culture of evidence.
- Ensuring the accuracy of student academic records.
- Collecting, analyzing and disseminating institutional data systematically to support stakeholders in planning, management, operation, and making informed data-driven decisions that lead to continuous organizational improvement.
Overview of Institutional Effectiveness