Tuscaloosa, United States
Stillman College is a liberal arts institution with a historical and formal affiliation with the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.). It is committed to fostering academic excellence, to providing opportunities for diverse populations, and to maintaining a strong tradition of preparing students for leadership and service by fostering experiential learning and community engagement designed to equip and empower Stillman’s students and its constituents.
Position: Director of Admissions and Recruitment
Summary Description: Stillman College is accepting applications for the position of Director of Admissions and Recruitment. Reporting to the Vice President for Enrollment Management, the Director of Admissions and Recruitment will develop proactive and nimble strategies to adjust to changing environments and trends in recruitment and admission of freshmen and transfer students.
Working in a team-oriented, customer service-focused environment, the director will leverage best practices and current technological solutions to manage inquiry and applicant pools; work with the campus marketing team to utilize appropriate social media tools to engage prospective, applicant, and admitted students; oversee departmental communications, operations, and yield; and provide daily leadership and supervision of staff within the Office of Admissions.
The Director will build upon an aggressive recruitment program designed to attract and retain a diverse pool of freshmen and transfer students from traditional and non-traditional markets, supervising all admissions procedures, and carrying out the entrance policies of the institution.
Duties will also consist of training and developing professional and support staff and promoting the role of admissions to the College community.
Essential Dues and Responsibilities Description
• Train staff in areas related to successful recruitment of individual territories
• Oversee and update catalog and College policies as related to admissions
• Provide leadership to all admissions employees
• Help assist employees in territory management
• Ensure the integrity of data in Liaison and any institutional database bridges with Colleague
• Organize and distribute weekly reports for the Vice President; complete a year-end admissions report
• Coordinate with any vendors on accurate data transmission and updates such as PURLS/ACT/SAT imports, and oversee Student Search process
• Assist Vice President with surveys and reports, including BOT reports
• Produce and maintain (through accurate scheduling with facilities) all office schedules/calendars, including direct mail, travel, and enrollment events (open houses, Yield Events, and Orientation/registration days)
• Provide support for enrollment-related on-campus programs; attend and complete assigned duties for all visit days, registration days, and move-in of freshmen
• As needed, work Saturday office hours, interview students, and help process applications
• Attend workshops, conferences, and professional meetings (BOT/vision planning) assigned by the Vice President
• Take initiative on personal projects to increase applicants to the College
• Maintain accurate office inventory of all direct mail/travel brochures. Coordinate and oversee the production of outgoing direct mail.
• Prepare scholarship awards for confirmed students Senior Award events
• Attend college fairs/nights and make individual visits to high schools in targeted geographical areas
• Call prospective students and applicants to encourage campus visits, discuss financial aid, and complete application file, as needed
• Attend directors’ meetings, as scheduled
• Monitor and manage student workers; verify accuracy of work hours for time sheets
• Conduct monthly staff check-ins and annual formal staff evaluations
• Work with other institutional offices/divisions to create enrollment cohesiveness
• Integrate new marketing strategies with Vice President
• Review packages for accuracy and quality assurance
• Other duties as assigned.
Additional Summary: The candidate for this position should have previous higher education administrative experience. Strong oral, listening, and written communication skills; the ability to engage with college constituents and stakeholders. An outgoing personality, the ability to work independently, and as part of a team; a flexible attitude; and a willingness to work frequent evenings and weekends when needed.
Advanced knowledge of computer programs and software is a must. Must be self-sufficient in decision-making skills. Ability to work under pressure and handle many tasks at once is mandatory.
Creative marketing skills to include social media. Demonstrated success in leading and motivating others. Accountability to meet projected headcount and net revenue. Budget experience required.
Work Hours: Full time. A willingness to work frequent evenings and weekends when needed.
Minimum Qualifications: master’s degree from an accredited institution; a terminal degree strongly preferred. Three to five years of progressive enrollment management experience, with at least 2 years in a leadership role.
Preferred Qualifications: PhD in Higher Education or related field. At least six years of enrollment management and or student affairs experience, with 3 years in a leadership role.
Salary: Commensurate with experience