- Recruitment expertise
Tuscaloosa , United States
Stillman College is a liberal arts institution with a historical and formal affiliation with the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.). It is committed to fostering academic excellence, to providing opportunities for diverse populations, and to maintaining a strong tradition of preparing students for leadership and service by fostering experiential learning and community engagement designed to equip and empower Stillman’s students and its constituents.
Assistant Director of Admissions and Recruitment
Stillman College is searching for a driven Assistant Director of Admissions and Recruitment to
assist the Director of Admissions and Recruitment in leading our admissions Department as we
examine, define, and conduct our admissions processes and promote the college to prospective
students and their families. The Assistant Director of Admissions and Recruitment will plan
promotional activities and schedule tours, student interviews, and information sessions. The
ideal candidate will be a data driven decision maker, and a creative leader in admissions and
recruitment. Reporting to the Director of Admissions and Recruitment, the Assistant Director
of Admissions and Recruitment is responsible for recruiting, admitting, and enrolling a diverse
and talented student body. Within this respective role, the chosen candidate will have general
admission duties, including recruitment, outreach, application review, project management,
and staff supervision of recruiters.
• Responsible for prospect generation, application development, and matriculation from
assigned territories through various recruitment strategies. This includes helping train new
recruiters on critical recruitment processes and best practices.
• Plan and organize assigned territory for optimal recruitment through a variety of outreach &
correspondence methods, individual appointments, alumni utilization & faculty/staff support.
• Engage and inform prospective parents and students about Stillman College and the benefits
of a Stillman College education.
• Manages a regional recruitment territory- including travel, college fairs, receptions,
information sessions, high school visits, and electronic outreach.
• Performs information sessions on-campus and off-campus and serves as a resource for
campus visitors on a regular basis.
• Develops, tracks, and coordinates all outbound email communication for the Office of
Admissions and Recruitment.
• Engages with prospective students to explain and advise them about the admission process.
• Helps to develop national recruitment plan through analysis of market forces, recruitment
practices, marketing resources, and professional networking activities.
• Assists with the organization of on-campus events such as open houses, prospective student
information programs, orientation programs, career days, conferences, and campus tours.
• Other duties as assigned to support of admissions, recruitment and enrollment.
• Keep current on trends in higher education.
• Keep current on college-wide developments and new program opportunities.
The Assistant Director should be a team player who is collaborative and possess superior
organization and prioritization skills and is self-motivated in the completion of their work. They
will have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, including outstanding writing,
public speaking skills and the ability to interact comfortably with a variety of people. The
position will serve potential students, families, partners, and community organizations, to
affect enrollment for Stillman College by recruiting qualified students, facilitating, and
coordinating campus-wide recruitment efforts, and supporting Stillman College's student
EDUCATION, TRAINING & EXPERIENCE:
• Master's degree required.
• 2-3 years of progressive experience in Higher Education.
• 1-2 years of experience in Admissions & Recruitment.
• Strong working knowledge and understanding of established professional codes of ethics and
related principles of promising practices for Admissions professionals.
• Excellent verbal, oral, and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated experience creating and conducting presentations.
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills required, including working with diverse
people and dynamic situations.