Coca-Cola taps Stillman’s Ajumobi, Expose for Internship

One black female college student and one black male college student pose for a photo

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – Two Stillman College students are among 10 HBCU scholars from the State of Alabama named to Coca-Cola’s 2023 Pay It Forward Internship Class.

Zachary Expose, a junior criminal justice major from Stone Mountain, Georgia, and Olusola Ayomide Ajumobi, a sophomore business major from Nigeria, will spend this week at Coca-Cola UNITED, where they’ll learn a wide range of roles, including sales, production, marketing, philanthropy, and community relations, among others.

Coca-Cola UNITED selected 32 students who attend one of the 17 HBCUs in the company’s six-state footprint. Each student will receive a $2,000 stipend at the end of the internship, as well as a lifetime Coca-Cola Brand Ambassadorship.

“I’m excited to experience Coca-Cola’s workflow, work culture, and organization,” Ajumobi said. “Meeting their CEO and their diversity team is something I’m really looking forward to, as it presents a fantastic chance to build meaningful connections for the future.” 

A member of Harte Honors College at Stillman, Ajumobi is eager to build upon a busy and successful first year on campus. During this time, she served as a Near-Peer mentee and intern at HBCUFirst, gaining valuable academic and professional development tips through insightful workshops. She also received the Tuscaloosa International Friends Scholarship Award in the spring semester.

Additionally, Ajumobi said she is excited about attending the National Institute for Innovation in Manufacturing Biopharmaceuticals Experience at Kansas, as it will “deepen her understanding of the field and expose her to cutting-edge research and industry trends.”

“I am grateful for these incredible opportunities and fully committed to making the most of them,” she added.

Expose said he is eager to explore cybersecurity internships at Coca-Cola and looks forward to shadowing employees this week.

“Field experience is critical for me,” he said. “The Coca-Cola internship will definitely help better my resume.”                            

Both Ajumobi and Expose credited Stillman’s Career Services Center for identifying the Coca-Cola UNITED opportunity and encouraging them to apply.

“This is my first internship, ever,” Expose said. “I didn’t expect to receive it, so I’m really excited about this opportunity.

“Stillman has always helped me find new opportunities to better myself.”

logo